9.3.09

The new me...

As of yesterday yours truely is BACK on a diet. As of March 8, 2009 I stand at a whooping 242 lbs. Just seeing that number makes me want to scream. That means that since January of 2007 I have put on 42 lbs. Thank you Chris Evans for going to Rome for a semester and leaving an unmotivated me in a world where unhealthy is cheap.

I want/need/desire to go under 200 this time. I want to be at the most 190 lbs. Do-able. Caloriecount.com says i should be dropping 1-2 lbs. a week and that I should be completed by September of this year. I'm not as concerned about the exercising. I can manage that. In 2 days I have gone from burning 350 calories to 500. Little by little that number should grow.

I am concerned about my eating habits. I have always been someone who craved the bad stuff. Maybe because of an addiction I gained as a young child, who knows. It's hard to pass by a Wendy's or a Mickey D's and not want to stop. The thought goes through my mind a lot. However, I have to force myself to think about the consequences; losing a day of exercise for a single burger, adding more calories and fat, this list could go on for a while.

I'm confident I can do this. I'm confident that I can keep the weight off this time. I'm confident that the new me will be more energetic and controlling of my hunger. 190 lbs, here I come.

No comments: